Residential Support Worker, Childrens Respite Service | Guernsey
Residential Support Worker, Childrens Respite Services
GBP26,484 - GBP30,654 per annum + Relocation Package.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be working within a team based in Guernsey. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package of GBP26,484 - GBP30,654 per annum.
About the role:
- The Children and Family Community Services is looking for a Residential Support Worker to join its Children's Respite Services.
- The post holder will be required to meet the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of all Children and Young People that come into contact with the service. They will support and work alongside young people to help them develop a true sense of identity and feeling of self-worth.
- To work within the Child Protection / Safeguarding Policy and Procedure.
- To engage with the Children and Young People and be 'pro-active'.
- To promote 'Best Interests' of all Children and Young People.
- To support and work alongside the Young Person to help them develop a true sense of identity and feeling of self-worth.
- To assist and support young people with the management of their own behaviour in conjunction with their Individual Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- Provide support and guidance for Children and Young People in all aspects of their Education
Requirements of a Residential Support Worker:
- To have achieved or be prepared to work toward an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care. To be able to demonstrate organisational skills and a good standard of literacy and numeracy with the proven ability of completing administrative tasks and maintaining clear, concise records.
- Ability to relate to Young People with empathy and to work with a child centered approach together with an appreciation and commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously with honesty, integrity and common sense.
- Ability to act as an appropriate role model for Children and Young People and carry out domestic duties such as cooking cleaning and home maintenance and assist young people to participate in these activities. 6. To hold a clean current driving licence.
Can you see yourself working in Guernsey?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on