Designer and Marketing Assistant
Our client based in Witney are looking to recruit a Designer and Marketing Assistant to provide CAD and Graphic design services as required to support new product development and the marketing requirements. This includes the creation of 3D CAD modles, technical drawings, marketing and advertising material. The role also encompasses management of the website, photography of new products, social media activities, advertising schedule and budget.
Product Design / New Product Development
Creating models and technical drawings using our Autodesk Inventor Software.
Sending these drawings to selected suppliers, chasing for quotes, logging these and sending price information to the relevant team members.
Attending monthly new product meetings and deciding upon which concepts to take forwards, requesting samples from suppliers, chasing these up, distributing to our sales team.
Registering designs with the IP office as required.
Uploading new product information to our website via our CMS portal.
Photography of product as required using our in house studio.
Creating artwork for adverts to be submitted to various publications, using Adobe CS.
Liaising and negotiating with various publications identified as suitable for advertising in.
Creating New Product information sheets and special offer sheets for distribution via Mailchimp and for internal use.
Managing our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Working on graphics for exhibitions, promotional material and anything else required - everything from van graphics to golf sponsorship banners!
Tools and Equipment Used
Autodesk Inventor (experience of this or similar CAD package essential), Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop & Illustrator), Exchequer accounts package, Excel, Word, Outlook, telephone, fax.
- A commercially minded individual who understands the importance of a customer focussed approach and a desire to improve the team's performance at all levels. Ideally with 1-2 years' experience in a commercial environment.
- Working knowledge of Inventor or other package CAD is essential.
- Someone capable of handling a number of simultaneous projects and delivering them against often tight deadlines.
- Excellent telephone manner, with a positive personality and an interest in the design and developments of products.
- A self-confident communicator able to deal with other staff members, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Flexible, providing assistance and cover for other departments as required.
A good understanding and interest in IT setups [PCs, Printers, Networking etc] would be benefical.