Junior Meat Trader - Mandarin
Our client, a leading exporter of meat and poultry with offices around the globe, have a brand new and exciting requirement for a Mandarin speaking Junior Trader to join their business. In order to join their team in Europe as a Trader, the ideal candidate will need to be exceptional and experienced in purchasing and selling food based products.
Our client is now looking to further strengthen its sourcing in Europe and South America and also its sales, especially to Asia (exc. China), West Africa and within Europe.
- Plan and constantly review and prioritise trading activities in order to maximise results.
- Manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Target relevant customers for quick communication of spot business opportunities.
- Work together with colleagues who can source relevant products for your target market or vice versa, sourcing for their sales areas.
- Maintain and develop customers through daily communication and business trips
- Complete cost cards for each trade to detail all budgeted costs and estimated profit.
- Enter trades accurately and completely into the company database system
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm (can be flexible depending on relevant international business hours)
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, highly motivated, fast thinking and acting and results-oriented.
- Reliable, professional and confident in dealing with senior company executives.
- Very strong communicator and forward in approaching people and forging relationships.
- Sufficiently flexible to travel on occasion when required.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to constantly manage priorities and multitask
- Understand the importance of market information and be able to communicate that quickly to colleagues and act upon this.
- Be able to quickly and accurately convert a factory door price into a delivered price by keeping track of currency and logistics price fluctuations.
- Quick to learn about the wide range of products traded and their characteristics, specific export markets and values as well as the requirements and strengths of each client.
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Strong numeracy is essential and must be entirely comfortable with profit and loss calculations, converting LB to KG and basic business finance
- Must be a good writer of business emails, quotations and proposals.
- Must be fluent (written and spoken) in Mandarin.
Business and Commercial Skills:
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, able to forge relationships with customers and suppliers to gain their respect, trust, support and loyalty.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in managing customers and contracts or a business, particularly achieving genuine sales/procurement development.
- Ideal background would be in import/export sales or procurement; actual first-hand experience of frozen food trading would be particularly valuable.
- Experience of export logistics would be positive.
In return for meeting the above criteria, our client is willing to reward the successful candidate with an attractive salary and package, dependent on experience and business brought to the company.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are meat industry specialists. This vacancy is just one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the meat sector - please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Similar Roles: Meat Trader, Trader, Trading Manager, Meat Exporter, Senior Trader
Keywords: Trader, Trading, Import, Export, Exporter, Meat, Poultry, Pork, Beef, Lamb, Frozen Food, Frozen Meat