Office & Accounts Administrator [p/t] 4-month FTC
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have photography, film and book clubs, a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We're on the hunt for a fantastic Office & Accounts Administrator to support our finance team and help keep our office running smoothly. This role would suit an enthusiastic, energetic, team player who has a good mix of general accounts and admin experience and who can hit the ground running.
This role is offered as a 4-day week position, ideally spread across Monday to Friday (or Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri), on a 4-month, fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave.
What you will do
- Be first point of contact for all accounts queries;
- Manage the accounts email, dealing with accounts queries and escalating urgent issues;
- Set up clients on our accounts and sales systems;
- Raise sales invoices;
- Send out monthly statements and copy invoices;
- Credit control and debt-collecting;
- Allocating payments received;
- Raise purchase orders;
- Reconcile our bank accounts, company credit and charge cards;
- Manage the office email, dealing with office/admin queries and escalating urgent issues;
- Manage our supplies of stationery, print and office consumables;
- Help collect and sort post; receive special deliveries;
- Support the running of office events; and
- General office administration as required.
What you must have
- Some finance and office administration experience;
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage a busy workload with competing priorities;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to be a good team player, flexible, willing and with a positive, can-do attitude;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Initiative and good judgement
It’d be nice if you had
- User experience with MYOB and Adpoint;
- Ninja excel skills;
- Credit control experience
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with the following:
- Your CV;
- A covering letter that summarises your suitability for the role and your awareness of Mumsnet.
Please note that if your application does not include both of the above items, it will not go forward for consideration.
Deadline for applications is: Friday, 21st July 2017
Start date: immediate - no later than 31st July 2017.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!