36 hours per week
All Year Round
We are looking to appoint an experienced Premises Officer who has the skills, enthusiasm and self-motivation to ensure that our school buildings, grounds and utilities are maintained to a high and safe standard either by performing minor maintenance works within their competency or supervising and quality checking contractors' works.
The successful applicant will:
• be organised, reliable, hardworking and able to prioritise and balance the requirements of the role to best suit the needs of the school
• act as a key-holder, controlling site keys and perform routine and non-routine opening/locking and be responsible for the daily security and safety of all buildings within the school grounds
• work closely with colleagues within the Site Team
• have proven experience and training in Health & Safety regulations and procedures including COSHH and their application including risks assessments
• be proactive and must have practical experience in a variety of trades which may include professional qualifications
• maintain an up-to-date inventory of the school's assets
• have good numeracy, literacy skills and be proficient in IT
• be responsible for transporting monies to and from the bank
• have a First Aid qualification or be willing to undertake training
• manage a team of cleaners and perform emergency cleaning and cover
Working hours are negotiable but must fall within the core occupancy hours of 7.00am - 6.30pm Monday-Friday, although the ability to take part in extracurricular activities would be of interest to the school.
If you are a good communicator and able to development positive relationships with staff and children, work well as part of a team and can demonstrate empathy, focus and commitment, then we would like to hear from you.
All posts within Penwortham are expected to contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school and a willingness to participate in training and other learning activities as required.
To apply please download an application pack from the Wandsworth Council website which can be found via the 'visit website' button at the top of this page.
For further information or if you have any queries, kindly contact Diane Watkins on .
Completed application should be return to the school either by email to: ; by fax to: 020- or by post to: Penwortham Primary School, Penwortham Road, Streatham, London SW16 6RJ.
Closing Date: 18 July 2017 (at noon)
Interviews: Week Commencing 24 July 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
CV's will not be accepted
Penwortham Primary School
London SW16 6RJ
Head: Sandie Andrews
Roll: (643) - Group 4