Social Worker (Residential Family Centre) - Hampshire
Social Worker (Residential Family Centre)
Job Reference - 337
• Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
• Salary: Band H, level 1. GBP27,006.00 - GBP30,908 per annum
• Closing date: 06/08/2017
• Interview dates: WC 07/08/2017
Fair ways is looking for skilled and motivated Social Worker to work at our Residential Family Centre that has recently been graded as 'Good' by Ofsted. The Residential Family Centre carries out 5 assessments at any given time, therefore the successful candidate will benefit from a manageable caseload of around 3 - 5 cases, so that you can focus on providing dedicated support to the families you will be working with. You will to take the lead in analysing risk factors, needs and parenting capacity for the parents and children at the Family Centre and ensure there are regular reviews of risk factors, areas of development and strengths to ensure the parent has a clear understanding of the presenting concerns and expectations of them.
Where appropriate, the successful candidate will be required to present our assessment to court. The successful applicant will have experience of contributing the assessment of risk relating with vulnerable families where safeguarding concerns exist. You will be required to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise, set deadlines and keep to them. The practitioner will be empathic and emotionally aware of the impact of trauma while maintaining a focus on the professional task at hand.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Take a lead role in parenting assessments through formal and informal observations of the residents with their child.
• Attend and contribute to multi-agency meetings, Court hearings and other forums to represent the Residential Family Centre.
• Maintain and organise case records, write reports as directed by line manager and retain effective communication with external agencies regarding parenting capacity.
• Facilitate the provision of a warm, accepting environment in which the emotional, social, educational, cultural and spiritual needs of individuals can be met.
You as a successful candidate, will hold a Degree in social work or will have an equivalent qualification. You will also be required to demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislative frameworks, such as the Children Act 1989/ 2004 and the Care Standards Act 2000. The successful candidate will act calmly and purposefully in crisis situations and will recognise own reactions and feelings in response to situations, whilst managing the effects of these on other people.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that's why we
• Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
• Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
• After a year's employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
• Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Next Step - How to apply
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.