Senior Practitioner / Assistant Team Manager - Fostering
We are looking for a versatile and passionate Social Work professional with extensive experience in Fostering and Adoption to join a reputable and well established agency in West London. This role would suit professionals who are currently working in the Independent sector who are looking for an opportunity to progress into a management role.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for supporting and leading an experienced team of Supervising Social Workers. You will also assist the Head of Fostering in leading and developing a high performing region offering operational excellence and financial performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide day to day operational support to the team of Supervising Social Workers, including line management responsibilities, training and development of staff.
- Provide positive and dynamic Leadership and Management to the Fostering Service Team, creating a well skilled, trained and motivated workforce.
- To support the Head of Fostering in ensuring the implementation of Fostering Service Regulations 2011, the National Minimum Standards 2013.
- Safeguarding of children and young people in placement, including support to the Registered Manager within the monitoring of Schedule 6/7 matters and when appropriate, to have delegated responsibility for liaising with Ofsted on these matters
- To develop and strengthen customer relationships with key LA customers
- To work as a part of a Regional Management team and to contribute to the shaping and to the success of the organisation
Essential Requirements of the role:
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised work qualification)
- 3 years' post qualified social work along with some at supervisory/management level
- Good understanding and knowledge of fostering standards and regulations
- Full current driving license and commitment to travel to other offices
For the right candidate, we are able to offer a highly competitive salary of up to GBP42,000 plus a car allowance of GBP1200 and paid mileage.
If you are interested in joining an innovative and progressive service and would like to find out more, please contact / or send your CV and contact details to .