Principal Data Protection Specialist
My client is a rapidly growing organisation and due to a number of client wins they are looking for a Principal Data Protection Specialist.
As Principal Data Protection Consultant, you will be responsible for developing and leading the Data Protection service within the Consultancy Division and reporting directly to the Head of Consultancy. The successful candidate will be responsible for commercial development and growth of Data Protection service in line with our 5-year strategic plan. Primarily you will be responsible for supporting our clients across several sectors in complying with the DPA (Data Protection Act) and supporting organisations in in their journey to be compliant with the forthcoming GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Lead the development of data protection service offering;
- Partner with the Business Development team to promote data protection services and create business opportunities;
- Lead a team with responsibility for advising global businesses/entities on data protection compliance matters;
- Develop a strategic and holistic data protection services that pulls together wider services, including ISO27001, PCI DSS and PMO, to build strategic and long-term sales and delivery opportunities;
- Supporting a variety of sectors including retail, automotive, energy and finance sector in relation to the implementation of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations);
- Advise on a wide range of privacy and data protection compliance issues which include undertaking privacy impact assessments, development of comprehensive privacy policies, guidance and training and awareness programmes, data sharing challenges, review of data processor contracts, 3rd party data processor outsourcing arrangements and audits; and
- As part of the company's Virtual Data Protection Officer Service, supporting organisations in relation to security breach management, investigations and complaints under the Data Protection Act
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of cooperating with the Information Commissioners Office.
- A high degree of technical expertise in GDPR, data privacy and protection is essential with a vast amount of Data Protection experience
- Experience of demonstrating expertise across the global data protection regulatory environment.
- Experience delivering Board level reporting.
Skills and Qualities
- Educated to degree level (preferably in Law) with further certification in Privacy and Data Protection (BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection/CIPP/E) is essential!
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to build and manage relationships with senior staff.
- Ability to travel several times each year to client sites.
- Working in a Professional Services/Consulting environment is desirable.
Note: As a consultant this role does require travel in an around the London area and there is also flexible working to allow working from home. This is not a sales orientated position but more technical delivery focused.