Group Tax Manager
It's their vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world. It's a bold statement, but one that they're determined to fulfil.
Position: Group Tax Manager
Location: Harwell, Oxford
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: circa. GBP50k plus generous benefits
Benefits: 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays (pro-rata); their generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution); Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements; Death-in-service benefit of three times salary; Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance; Opportunity for performance-related pay progression; IT discounts with selected suppliers.
About the role:
In this role, you will be responsible for developing the tax strategy for Jisc. You'll provide leadership within the specialist area of tax; developing and implementing a strategy and operational plan to improve Jisc's tax efficiency whilst working a complex partial exemption method operating the UKs largest VAT tax exemption group.
- Monitoring and reporting on tax, identifying areas of improvement and concern and taking remedial actions where necessary
- Keeping abreast of changing taxation laws and requirements to develop proposals for ensuring Jisc remains tax efficient and compliant
- Leading the development and implementation of systems, processes and policies to so that Jisc remains tax compliant
- Completion of annual Research and Development tax claims and VAT returns
- Working with an external partner, calculate and file annual Corporation Tax returns
- Responding to HMRC queries
- Providing specialist advice and guidance to finance business partners on taxation matters
- Liaise with Jisc's external auditors and tax advisors, reviewing outcomes to develop and implement improvements and remedial actions
- A competent tax specialist with extensive knowledge of the UK tax system
- CTA, ACA or equivalent extensive experience
- Significant experience of tax planning as manager or equivalent
- Excellent problem-solving skills with evidence of successfully applying creative solutions
- Exceptional communications skills
- Significant experience of delivering insightful and impactful analysis and advice to senior management
- Strong organisational skills
You may have experience of the following: Tax Senior, Accountant, Private Client Tax, Accountancy, ACA, CIMA, Personal Tax Senior, Financial Accountant, Tax Associate, ATT, Tax Consultant, CTA, Audit Senior, Tax manager, Qualified Accountant, Tax Senior Manager, ACCA, Tax Assistant Manager etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.