Project Controller - Cost Analyst (Accountant)
Job Role: Project Controller - Cost Analyst (Accountant)
Location: West Midlands
Salary/Rate: Up to GBP55,000
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance
Project Controller - Permanent - West Midlands - Up to GBP55,000
Our client is looking for a Project Controller (Cost Analyst) who will be a key member of the business management team and will support contracts of work and their customers within a rapidly changing fast passed environment.
The Project Controller will support the Business Manager by overseeing the financial health of the contract, analysing costs, revenue, schedule, risks and pricing. They will maintain budgets, conduct profit/loss analysis, utilise tracking tools, assist accounts payable and accounts payable, manage fee structures, and forecast potential gains and losses in pursuing future work with customers.
The successful candidate will also be involved in pricing new contracts to support the identification of the best fee structure and overall cost to the customer for the product or service that will be provided. They may support several contracts simultaneously (based on contract size and work experience) therefore, they must also be flexible in dealing with multiple contracts, while supporting consistency with strategy, standards, policies and processes.
- Report into any program Customer and internal Financial Reporting Models.
- Perform analyses of project financial metrics within their portfolio and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Conduct project forecasting and scheduling, prepare budgets for contract work and perform and/or assist in financial analyses such as Earned Value Management, funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the customer.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Maintain the financial aspects of project risk costs in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Maintain MS Dynamics in accordance with the latest financial data.
- Support the UK finance team in conducting project invoicing.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
- May develop and deliver presentations.
- Attend Business Management department meetings.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform fairly complex professional tasks.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Performs fairly complex tasks and participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organisation. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organisation.
- Represents organisation as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organisations.
- Understand the recruitment process for personnel into the Business Management department.
- Part Qualified Accountant with ACCA/CIMA or equivalent.
- At least 12 months finance experience, ideally in a project environment.
- Aptitude for Business Management.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong numerical skills and a proficient understanding of and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Good collaborative interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications and presentations.
- Capable of dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Some national travel may be required to attend team and customer meetings. Occasional international travel may be required.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.