Social Worker - Locality Team - Isle of Guernsy
Are you a UK based Children's Social Worker looking for a new and exciting opportunity somewhere slightly more exotic but not too far from our shores?
If you are a Qualified Social worker with post qualified experience within Children's Services and want to put your knowledge and experience to the test in an exciting and fresh environment then look no further. Our client in the State of Guernsey are looking for an experienced qualified social worker to join their Locality Team on a permanent basis.
The Isle of Guernsey boasts incredible scenery and beautiful beaches. It's climate is a shade better than the mainland offering warmer summers and slightly less wetter winters! For those that enjoy a bustling town filled with action, bars and friendly locals then you will enjoy the harbour towns of St Peter Port and Bordeaux Harbour. Just a short boat journey away are hidden gems such as the Isle of Sark which is rated as an official dark sky observatory for those avid star gazers!
They are looking for a caring, child focused social worker that can bring their passion and enthusiasm to their locality based on the beautiful Isle of Guernsey.
For those curious about the role and what Guernsey has to offer the Authority offers informal telephone interviews in order for you to ask more and to learn more about this amazing opportunity.
As well as this Guernsey offers very helpful assistance to potential applicants.
The assistance provided includes:
- A full housing license application from start to finish to reside on the Isle of Guernsey
- A Pre interview telephone call to make sure the role and opportunity is for you.
- Travel costs and accommodation covered when attending an interview on the isle
Applications to this role should only be made for those serious about a change. Residence in Guernsey is granted 5 years at a time so you always have an option to move back to the mainland when you feel is right.
- Social work degree or equivalent, and a good general education.
- Must hold current registration with HCPC.
- Considerable post qualifying experience in child protection work.
- Knowledge and understanding of theory and legislation that affects children and families and a good knowledge of child care practice, particularly in relation to child protection and looked after children in Guernsey and Alderney.
- Experience of undertaking a variety of needs and risk assessments that are evidence and theory based and undertaking joint investigations.
- Ability to work with complex issues and analyse information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and work in partnership with children and young people, parents, carers and other professionals.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
Salary and Package
The salary is negotiable between GBP41,000 - GBP45,500 and can be discussed at the initial conversation stage, pension and other government benefits are applicable and of course Guernsey is exempt from VAT meaning a greater income for yourself.
There are other excellent benefits including pension and a brilliant relocation package and rent assistance.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to or call / for more information about the role and about Guernsey.