Business Finance Analyst - Luton, Bedfordshire
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes:
- Providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose.
- Providing advice through our help lines and web sites.
- Campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Finance Analyst (BFA) to be based in our office in Luton, Bedfordshire.
The BFA is the first point of contact for the operational teams, to provide financial expertise and advice on a wide range of finance queries. You will deliver support and guidance to operational managers ensuring Mencaps services run at a financially viable level. This will include:
- A full understanding of the funding streams and contracts held
- Debt management
- Income and expenditure analysis
- Providing training to non-finance managers
- Building strong working relationship with operational team
You will be required to carry out internal audits on financial processes within the region, analysing audits results and advising of managers of any corrective action required.
We are looking for someone who is highly self-motivated and has a high degree of accuracy in their work. The ability to plan and prioritise your own work, whilst at the same time achieving deadlines, is essential. Whilst the ability to work independently is important, you will need to be supportive and work as part of a team.
Key Skills & Experiences:
- Experience of working within a finance department is essential
- Previous experience of accounting systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge of financial concepts and procedures
- Experience / Knowledge of learning disability and the social sector is highly advantageous
- Great overall IT ability of MS office with particular experience with Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookups)
- Highly organised with good prioritising and time management skills required
Does this sound like you...?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you today... Good Luck!!
Please ensure you provide a fully up-to-date CV along with a covering letter to be considered for this role.
Vacancy ID: 9163
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract