Learning and Development Consultant (Trainer) - Fostering - North West
A recognised, leading IFA require a Learning and Development Consultant to join their training team:
the Learning and Development Consultant works within a defined area developing and delivering approved training to ensure that foster carers work safely and effectively within the framework defined by statute, national guidelines, foster carer agreements and contractual obligations to clients.
Home based, you will be responsible for delivering and developing foster carer training across the North West regions of the UK, hence you will live within this region. This is an excellent and creative role for an experienced fostering social worker who wishes to move away from direct carer support and supervision and work directly with carers and prospective foster carers, utilising skills and knowledge honed from experience gained from within the fostering sector.
Responsibilities for training delivery / creation include:
- Induction and CPDC courses for foster carers
- Skills to Foster Course
- Seminars for SSW's to use within support groups
- 1:2:1 Coaching work with Foster Carers
- Regional Project work with Training elements attached
- Annual Foster Carer Regional Training audit
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- HCPC registered
- Significant experience gained within the fostering social work setting
- Experience of delivering carer training
- An interest and passion for learning and development within foster care
- A car owner / driver
- Be prepared to travel across the region with the occasional over night stay
Salary is GBP37,000 + GBP3,000 car allowance + mileage + private healthcare
For further information and a JD, please contact Harriet on / /
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: with a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.