Health, Safety & Environment Manager - Northumberland College
Northumberland College has two main campuses at Ashington and Kirkley Hall and centres at Hexham and Berwick.
We offer hundreds of full-time and part-time courses, work with students aged 14-18, mature students, higher education students and employers from numerous industry sectors.
Northumberland College is fully committed to improving the quality of service and provision to our students and in order to achieve this we encourage continuing professional development and improvement at all levels.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Health, Safety & Environment Manager to take the lead on all H S & E related matters across all of our campuses
The successful candidate will:
- Act as the organisation's lead competent person for Health, Safety and Environmental ensuring the organisation complies with current related legislation approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
- Work at an operational level with managers and other staff to proactively establish and maintain systems that promote a culture of safe working practices across the organisation.
- Provide professional advice to the college on all matters relating to Health, Safety and Wellbeing, taking into account any relevant legislation.
Northumberland College is fully committed to:
- 'safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment'
- 'equality & diversity and inclusion for students, employers, the communities it serves, staff, governors and customers who come into contact with the College'