Senior HR Advisor - Gloucestershire College
GC is recruiting an experienced HR Operations Professional to join the Human Resources team.
As a senior member of the HR team, the Senior HR Advisor is accountable to the Head of HR Operations, to provide an effective and value added Human Resource service which supports the College's Strategic Plan.
In achieving this objective, the post holder will take direction from the Head of HR Operations and work within the HR Advisory team to partner with managers across the College.
This role is also a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a career move that will provide exposure to a wide range of people management solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with managers across the College to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective HR service. This will include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and ensuring that HR issues are handled in accordance with policies and procedures, employment legislation and best practice.
- Partnering with managers to deliver the HR people strategy in line with the organisations values.
- Working closely with managers across the organisation and the HR team to achieve a coordinated approach to handling performance and employee relations issues.
- Developing processes and metrics that support the achievement of the College's strategic plan.
The ideal candidate profile will include:
- CIPD qualification
- Demonstrable experience of working in a HR BP model
- Ability to deal with complex issues
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- Sound, up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- Able to prioritise and respond flexibly to changing demands and deal with changing priorities on a daily basis
A career with us means much more than just a salary. We all play a part in inspiring a future generation, working towards an inspirational vision. We are passionate about learning and pride ourselves in developing our staff and will support you in developing all the other skills necessary to make this your next success.
As well as working with committed colleagues, we offer an attractive benefits package to reward everyone for their hard work. This includes a generous annual leave package of over 37 days and a range of other staff benefits including entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.