Fostering Team Manager - Slough
Fostering Team Manager
Slough Children's Services Trust
Salary: GBP27,713 - GBP31,676 (GBP42,928 - GBP47,522 (inclusive of Local Weighting) plus market supplement of GBP2.5k.
Hours: Full Time - 37hrs per week (flexible)
We have an exciting opportunity! SCST is a new and innovative company delivering children's safeguarding and social care services in Slough. It is a challenging but highly rewarding field of work making a real and positive difference to the lives of children, young people and families and helping build the resilience, social and economic strength of the wider community.
- To be the registered manager of the Independent Fostering Agency and manage a high quality fostering Service
- To supervise and manage a staff team, including social workers and other social work staff
- To maintain the agency's high standards, in order to promote positive outcomes for children and young people, and ensure that social work and foster care practice continues to achieve high grades in Ofsted inspections.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that the agency's policies and procedures are properly implemented and monitored by social workers and that agency practice complies with UK legislation and the UK National Minimum Standards.
- To work within financial budgets (determined by the Board) and promote good practice and placement stability, to ensure the continuing security of the company.
- To ensure that there are up to date checks and references in place that comply with Fostering Services Regulations, and current good practice.
- To work closely with the Head of Service to establish and maintain relationships with partner agencies, and contribute to planning and developing the service in line with customers' changing needs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent with at least five years post-qualification experience.
- The commitment and capacity to complete an appropriate management qualification.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- A commitment to developing the agency as a successful, ethical business within the not for profit sector.
- Willingness to work flexibly as part of the Family Placement Service management team
- Full driving licence.
How to Apply
To apply you need to complete an application form with your supporting statement outlining your skills, experience by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Application forms can be downloaded from the website: