Children's Support Worker
Are you a Support Worker or wanting to become a Support Worker for children with Learning Disabilities?
This is a residential school and home for learners (5-19) with moderate/severe learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder and associated problems such as speech & language and other emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Salary: GBP17,741 - GBP20,801 (depending on experience).
Hours: 37 hours per week, 7 days a week (rota basis), 52 weeks a year.
- 33 days paid holiday.
- All training is offered by their highly skilled team.
- 12 week induction.
What you Need:
- Must be a driver due to the location of the setting.
- Must have a desire to support young adults with learning disabilities.
- Previous experience working with adults with learning difficulties, challenging behaviour, autism, epilepsy or mental health is essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work on your own initiative.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviour is essential.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable.
- You must be able to do shift work and some night work.
- Being a sporty person is a bonus due to one of the individuals being particularly into bike riding.
- To promote the tenants independence.
- To support tenants in their own home and in the community.
- To adhere and maintain confidentiality.
- To work in partnership with the School.
- To promote equal opportunities.
- Support tenants with activities.
- To maximise their day to day lives to achieve was each individuals wishes and preferences are.
- To observe their health and wellbeing.
- Complete all required training.
- To complete all domestic tasks.
- To keep accurate records.
If you are interested in the above position and would like to find out more, APPLY
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn GBP50 to GBP250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.