Qualified Social Worker Locum - Adults Community Team
We are currently looking for a Qualified Adult Social Worker to work on a locum contract for a local authority in the Wandsworth area working with adults in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the needs of service users, who meet eligibility criteria, are met in an appropriate way which promotes independence and well-being and achieves best value.
- In a designated patch or hospital, be responsible for assessing individual adult's needs, under the terms of the NHS and Community Care Act 1990, working jointly with health professionals and in liaison with service providers.
- On the basis of assessed needs, arrange, develop and purchase individual packages of care - which are then monitored and reviewed.
- To provide a social care perspective, within a multidisciplinary setting, to address the needs of adults and safeguard adults, including those with mental health problems, in both the community and hospital, under the terms of the NHS and Community Care Act 1990, the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended by the Mental Health Act 2007) and other relevant legislation.
- To hold continuing responsibility for a caseload including the most complex cases.
- To supervise students on practice placements and a small number of junior staff in their team.
- Working with older adults, adults with physical disabilities and learning disabilities
- Carrying out Adult Safeguarding investigations, Mental Capacity Assessments andBest Interest Decisions
- Knowledge and experience using Frameworki
The pay rate is GBP28 per hour, mileage and expenses are reimbursed.
In order to be considered for this position you must be a HCPC Registered Qualified Social Worker with relevant post qualifying experience. You must also be a car driver with the ability and willingness to travel independently, undertaking community visits and work flexibly.
You must have experience in undertaking Adult Safeguarding investigations, Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest Decisions.
How to Apply
To find out more or to apply for this position please apply through this advert, if you would like further information about this or other opportunities then please call Lameez Peer in confidence on / or email
Please also check out the website for further opportunities: