Hardware Design Engineer (Lead)-Telecommunications equipment
Hardware Design Engineer (Lead)- Telecommunications equipment
This exciting communications company has developed novel products and solution for high-speed broadband-over-existing-copper. These offerings have been validated through testing and trials in both the UK and Americas. The company is now embarking on its next phase of growth and requires an experienced hardware engineer to take the lead in designing and developing new products.
The successful candidate will have a good relevant degree with a proven background in the design and development of Electronics, including Digital and Analogue Design.
Key skills for this include:
- Complete Product design knowledge
- High speed digital design including CPU and DDR memory interfaces
- High speed communications with telecoms interface knowledge eg Gigabit Ethernet, VDSL, ADSL2+
- Analogue design techniques
- Power supply design knowledge
- Design techniques to meet EMC and ESD requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing processing with hands-own experience of hardware debugging.
- Knowledge of Cadence/other CAD tools and SVN
- Good understanding/experience of PCB layout and routing techniques including signal integrity preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and thermal management a distinct advantage.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary together with excellent Benefits.
They will also have the opportunity to acquire shares in the Company.
You will have achieved a minimum of a 2.1 Honours Degree from a top tier University in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or comparable subject.
You will have worked for 3 or more years on the design and implementation of high speed communications systems, ideally based on xDSL, and will be familiar with the standards, tools and techniques necessary to build and debug such systems.
YOUR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Designs of electronic circuits with various interface eg DDR2 memory, Ethernet, xDSL modem technology)
- CAD design
- Use of Electronic bench tools (eg logic analysers, spectrum analysers, oscilloscope)
- Microcontroller design (eg Atmel)
- xDSL experience
- Telecoms Access Network exposure
- Ability to interwork designs with FPGAs
- Hardware simulation tools
- PCB layout and routing
- Thermal management
Based in Coventry, the Hardware/Electronics Design Engineer will join a dynamic team focused on the design and development of a range of innovative communications products incorporating software and hardware elements. Key responsibilities will include creating product technical specifications and designs, and realisation of these into marketable products to meet customer demand.
YOUR PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Excellent team player with ability to lead others
- Good communication skills.
- Structured approach with attention to detail.
- Flexible, with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Enthusiasm to learn.