Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We're now looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data & Insights Team in Warwick to help us continue to make that difference.
This is an opportunity to work in a team of over 20 Analyst Developers, including experts in SQL Server and Hadoop technologies. You will develop processes to bring new data into our data estate, create single versions of truth and enable user access through reporting technologies including SSRS, Qlikview, Zoomdata and others. You will find that for every hour of your time you spend as a developer, creating new data assets and processes, you will spend several hours on analysis; working with the business process owners to identify and understand the data sources, with the users to understand the requirements and expectations, and in a support role during UAT to ensure your customers are comfortable with the results.
Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute to the design and development of our data assets including the development of processes to acquire and process new data into warehouse assets
- Develop and productionise reports, dashboards and data extracts
- Perform ad hoc "slice and dice" data analysis to inform business decisions
- Author technical and user documentation so that colleagues can support and use your output
- Expert SQL skills
- Experience in relational and/or dimensional data modelling, building ETL processes and performance tuning
- Existing Hadoop skills or appetite to develop skills in Hadoop technologies
- Ability to deal with quickly changing priorities and a degree of ambiguity (we are a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company following agile methodologies)
- Ability to communicate technical detail in ways that business users can understand to help them access and interpret information hidden within large and complex datasets
- Able to own your personal development plan, identifying and pursuing your learning and development needs
- Exposure to SQL Server administration tasks, such as job scheduling and process monitoring
- Exposure to SSIS and SSRS
- Experience of producing innovative, interactive and intuitive visualisations in tools such as Qlikview and Zoomdata
- Experience of the Energy Supply market
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you'll also enjoy 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension, option to purchase childcare vouchers, and become eligible for our staff energy tariff along with other great ad-hoc offers.
We believe in putting energy into looking after our teams, so you'll benefit from BUPA Private Healthcare, cycle to work scheme, a great working environment with relaxation areas to recharge your batteries and free soft drinks available all day. We also have "Fruity Friday" where fresh fruit is available every week for all employees.