A great opportunity to join the trailblazing Forestry, Arboriculture and Woodland Management team at Plumpton College. We are currently looking for a Curriculum Manager (Division of Forestry and Arboriculture) to come and lead our team. The successful candidate will join on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of GBP35,654 - GBP40,171 per annum.
Plumpton College is the leading provider of Forestry, Arboriculture and Woodland Management learning & education in the south- east and we are growing our provision to meet industry needs.
We are making significant investment in our facilities and resources to offer the best learning experience for our students and as we move to becoming the Southern School of Forestry and Woodland Management, we are looking to build our staff team and enhance the quality of the programmes we offer.
Our learning programmes in Forestry, Arboriculture & Woodland Management range from Level 1 up to degree level, we offer the full range of industry Lantra & NPTC Licences to Practice, we have the largest range of short and part-time courses and are trailblazing with the introduction of the new apprenticeship standards of Forest Operative and Arborist.
Set in 850 hectares of East Sussex, we have access to some of the best broadleaf woodland in the UK and working in partnership with the Scottish School of Forestry we will also be providing students with experience of large commercial forestry operations in Scotland.
More about the Curriculum Manager role
The Curriculum Manager will lead & manage the division, set the direction of travel and work with our cross college curriculum management team to improve quality and delivery, ensuring the best possible student experience. This role is key to our future development and we are looking for that exceptional person who can take a more strategic overview, has proven management skills, is passionate about learning and has a real understanding of the needs of industry.
Key responsibilities of our Curriculum Manager
- Provide line management and mentoring (with support from the Head of Faculty and HR Manager) to staff in accordance with the curriculum structure. Ensure that all aspects of responsibilities covering Programme Manager roles and quality systems are adhered to at all times. Maintain and develop this structure through effective induction, monitoring, appraisal and performance management of all staff
- Plan, deliver, monitor and assess all curriculum activity within agreed frameworks and targets and in line with college policies. As a minimum, this will include the curriculum self-assessment report, operating plan, and quality improvement plan
- Contribute to the wider College Management Team ensuring personal familiarity and curriculum adherence to all college policies and procedures
- Manage the delegated budgets against agreed income and expenditure targets. Adhere to the college Financial Regulations at all times with support from the Finance Team
- Plan, prepare and teach high quality lessons to a consistently good / outstanding standard, maximising opportunities to share good practice and celebrate success. Ensure that management and control systems are in place to achieve the same across all teaching staff within the division
What we're looking for in our Curriculum Manager
- Demonstrate experience of managing and/or leading a successful team
- Demonstrate effective skills in leading management of change
- Extensive sector/industry experience and evidence of specialist subject knowledge in key areas
- Hold a relevant professional/vocational qualification, or a degree
- Hold a teaching/assessing qualification
- Be a highly effective and well organised teacher evidenced by consistent achievement of good / outstanding observation grades with an ability to role model good practice
In return as our Curriculum Manager, we can offer you???
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Teachers' pension scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking. If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Curriculum Manager then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 9.00 am