Trainee Property Manager
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Halton Housing Trust we are currently looking for a Trainee Property Manager (Open Solutions) to come join our team based across Widnes or Runcorn. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of GBP17,500 to GBP21,000 per annum.
Halton Housing Trust is a forward thinking and dynamic not for profit housing association that owns and manages 6,800 homes in the Cheshire towns of Runcorn and Widnes.
We employ over 280 talented members of staff, including 80 specialist trades people in our Construction Services team. Our Board work closely with our Executive Management team to ensure that we meet our promises and main objective - 'Improving People's Lives.'
More about the Trainee Property Manager role
You will support the operation with administration tasks whilst learning the role of "Property Manager" becoming competent and accredited through IRPM enabling to lead on the day to day management of properties within the Open Solutions (OSUK) Ltd
Duties required of our Trainee Property Manager
- To support the team with advertising, marketing and letting of vacant property (residential and commercial), commissioning third parties where appropriate
- To arrange viewings and show potential new tenants around the property
- To manage & conduct the full pre-tenancy procedure ensuring only suitable tenants are processed through the use of screening
- Prepare tenancy agreements and right to rent checks along with inventories for every property that is let. Conduct Mid-Term property inspections were appropriate
- To collect any deposit that is due and ensure that it is recorded on the Trust's accounting system as well as with the government's Deposit Retention Scheme and banked as soon as possible
- To prepare paperwork for court proceedings in line with tenancy agreements and regulations. Attending court as appropriate
- Ensure maintenance is identified and carried out as promptly as possible to cut down risk of further damage minimizing the void period when the property becomes vacant
- To work collaboratively with external contractors ensuring they remain compliant as well as in the planning and delivery of repairs and investment works that affect the portfolio
- To make sure that any incidents of Anti-Social Behaviour are dealt with as soon as possible seeking advice from and working with other experts as appropriate
- To learn how to budget, making sure that all financial transactions are recorded accurately on the accounting system, for OSUK and provide regular financial report and information to the Commercial Manager (OSUK) as required
- To assist with the acquisition and administration of new properties liaising with external consultants as appropriate
- Assist in the market proposition of properties for sale, managing the sales process with directly or indirectly through third parties. Providing accurate performance details for every stage of the process
What we're looking for in our Trainee Property Manager
- Someone who possess an awareness of all associated legislation and keep abreast of any changes and how they might have an impact on working procedures.
- Ability in developing new and existing technologies
- Ability to work with others to identify solutions to improve performance
- Ability to converse and relate ideas and reporting to all levels
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload of self and others and meet performance targets and deadlines
- Computer literate with ability to us word processing, Microsoft packages, Social Media and other software packages required for the role Negotiation, sales and marketing skills
- Ability to make decisions to resolve issues as they arise to the benefit of the Trust and OSUK
- Valid driving licence and use of an appropriate vehicle
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends if the business requires
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and would like to join our highly motivated team as a Trainee Property Manager (Open Solutions) then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!