Project Development Manager
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Halton Housing Trust we are currently looking for a Project Development Manager to come join our team based across Widnes or Runcorn. We are looking to recruit two Project Development Managers however we are looking for one to be concentrating on New Business and one more to focus on Post contact management. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of GBP40,569 per annum.
Halton Housing Trust is a forward thinking and dynamic not for profit housing association that owns and manages 6,800 homes in the Cheshire towns of Runcorn and Widnes.
We employ over 280 talented members of staff, including 80 specialist trades people in our Construction Services team. Our Board work closely with our Executive Management team to ensure that we meet our promises and main objective - 'Improving People's Lives.'
More about the Project Development Manager role
The Project Development Manager role is the key external face of the Halton Housing Development Team. The role plays an essential part in sourcing and appraising a pipeline of new development schemes for all parts of the business. The post holder is required to work closely with the Development Manager to ensure high quality schemes are sourced and then delivered in order to meet the lifeblood measures of the organisation. You will need be able to work collaboratively with many different people and possess excellent project management skills.
As an experienced project manager, you will need to be able to identify, appraise and deliver high quality housing schemes across all tenure types that meet the targets set in the organisations Growth Strategy. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with all areas of the business and will be critical in developing strong working relationships with all external bodies.
Duties required of our Project Development Manager
- Identifying, appraising and purchasing new development opportunities e.g. land and property
- The administration and management of development schemes in line with procedures and audit requirements
- To develop and maintain relationships with external partners and agencies such as Local Authorities, Lettings / Estate Agents, the HCA, Developers and Land Agents
- Ensuring that development schemes are delivered in line with the agreed Time, Cost and Quality indicators
- Work in conjunction with our Sales / Marketing team and Housing Options in the identification of schemes for outright sale, shared ownership, private and social rented tenures
- Maintaining and updating accurate records in line with the Development Procedure Manual and auditing requirements
- Co-ordinating with the contractor/consultant team the production of cost estimates, schedules of work, tender and contract documentation
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) at departmental and Board level
What we're looking for in our Project Development Manager
- Someone who can act in a client role managing a varied range of projects
- Knowledge of housing policy and housing market trends
- Appointment and management of professional consultants
- Experience of bidding for funding from external sources
- Experience of undertaking financial appraisals, budget monitoring and monthly cash flow forecasting
- The ability to produce high quality business documentation
- Knowledge of contract procurement, contract management and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to write logical reports and proposing solutions to resolve problems as required
- Experience of using software packages such as IMS, ProVal, Sequel, etc
- Valid driving licence and use of a vehicle
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and would like to join our highly motivated team as a Project Development Manager then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: 31st July 2017