Purchase Ledger Clerk - Insurance
Are you looking for a great opportunity working within invoice control?
Do you want to further your finance experience and work for one of the UK's leading financial institutions?
If so, our client that delivers claims and medical assistance to travel insurance customers is looking for an experienced Invoice Controller to join their Finance team. The Invoice Controller will be responsible for the accurate and timely input of medical claim invoices and payment in line with supplier credit terms.
In return for this opportunity, our client who boasts an office in a prime City Centre location, is looking to offer a competitive salary and office hours. This is in addition to the potential for ongoing development and progression. Sound too good to be true? It really isn't!
Daily duties to include:
- Ensuring medical claims are inputted and paid accurately and on-time to ensure minimal impact to customers
- Monitoring and maintaining running of automated interface from AMA system to SAP system
- Liaising with internal operations and external suppliers to ensure invoice and payment queries and discrepancies are dealt with accurately and efficiently
- Organising and inputting daily payment runs to banking system and posting to SAP where necessary
- Reconciling supplier accounts weekly and dealing with outstanding items
- Organising early payment to suppliers to achieve invoice discounts
- Processing incoming payment requests and preparing banking system for authorisers
- Ensuring compliance with external regulations and guidelines and internal policies and procedures
- Supporting Managers to manage key risks within the Finance Department
- Assisting in any other function of the Finance department as reasonably requested
Due to the nature of this Invoice Controller role, experience of working in a similar role within Invoice Control, Purchase Ledger or Bookkeeping is required, ideally although not essentially within a financial services environment. Previous use of AMA and/or SAP systems would be preferred. Even with this knowledge, it is expected that the successful candidate will take up to 6 months to be fully understanding of the role and its duties.
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more details then please contact me ASAP as our client is looking to move quickly on this role.