Head Of compliance
The Head of Compliance will be responsible for leading, strengthening, extending and sustaining a successful compliance program for the business unit. The role will provide expert compliance leadership and direction to leaders in order to identify and implement best practices in compliance risk mitigation. As part of Global Compliance and the Law Department, the successful candidate will serve as Head of Compliance for the business and work cross - functionally with other in-house counsel, Human Resources, Finance, Public Policy, Privacy/Data Usage, and Internal Audit. This role will have dual reporting lines into the Chief Legal Officer, VocaLink and Senior Vice President Anti-Corruption and Regional Compliance.
National Payment Services Provider of transaction services to banks, their customers and Government departments.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Direct compliance operations and oversee execution of compliance processes and controls within the ACH business unit
- Strengthen the compliance infrastructure within the ACH business to ensure the business makes informed risk-based decisions regarding new opportunities, markets, local initiatives and product and service offerings and that appropriate compliance processes and controls are developed, documented and implemented
- Ensure management is adequately trained on applicable laws, regulations, and responsibilities for internal controls
- Oversee compliance personnel for the business unit, ensuring adequate resource levels are maintained to comply with policies and processes
- Proactively address legal and compliance challenges and provide expertise in anti -corruption and anti-bribery, AML, sanctions and export controls matters including issues potentially implicating the UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and other relevant laws and regulations. Work may involve facts that are open to various interpretations. The legal matters in question usually have significant impact on operations strategies or profitability
- Influence and direct senior leaders and managers to mitigate risks by establishing procedures on third-party anti-corruption due diligence, expense pre-approvals, conflict of interest disclosures, gifts and hospitality
- Build tools and messaging for people managers to implement an ethical culture
- Conduct regular compliance gap analysis of internal controls to ensure compliance with various applicable laws; recommend and implement remedial actions and improvements
- Actively participate in leadership meetings and working groups
- Develop, organize, implement and execute business unit compliance training programs
- Support the legal and regulatory professionals providing compliance subject expertise and assistance where necessary, including attendance at regulatory meetings
Ideally you will be:
- Qualified lawyer or accredited compliance professional with minimum 10yrs PQE
- Expert compliance experience in a corporate environment in the financial services sector
- Experience leading and managing an operational compliance function
- Experience executing compliance programs, including design, implementation and oversight of controls
- Payments business experience preferable
- Prior managerial experience required
- Self-starter who is flexible and able to work in a matrixed environment
- Strong business acumen and solutions orientated