Regulatory Specialist AB/J2589
Regulatory Specialist GBPc28-40k
South East AB/J2589
As regulatory specialist in the chemicals sector you will ensure compliance against relevant global and local Regulations through developing, managing and maintaining information and systems for chemicals products including raw materials. Provide expert assessment & timely customer response in order to provide superior support to both internal and external customers. Act as an ambassador for compliance and work to develop regulatory knowledge within the organisation to create a high knowledge and compliance culture.
- Manage regulatory enquiries on products in a timely manner with both internal and external customers and update relevant systems to track information.
- Classify products and write Safety Datasheets in line with local / regional GHS guidelines / regulations. Update the relevant systems with classification and ensure communication to the supply chain.
- Monitor and advise on changes to legislation and suggest appropriate actions to peers and the wider organisation, to ensure that the business is well prepared for any future legal amendments and enactments.
- Advise and educate the business on appropriate raw material selection for regional compliance and support the business strategy by working with the Sales, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure that only products with appropriate compliance are promoted and sold to market.
- Ensure a robust system is in place to flag checks on compliance data for Regional Compliance across global sites.
- Provide support to the R&D teams on new product developments and enhancements
- Progress the Regulatory Affairs approval stages within the raw material and product notification systems in accordance with RA procedures for approval.
- Work with external third parties / regulatory service providers to ensure a robust and efficient service is provided
- Support the development and renewal of efficient processes. Ensure processes are formally documented and communicated as appropriate.
- Recommend, present and implement solutions for future compliance based on business objectives and legislative timetable in order to remain compliant, promote business continuity, save cost and maximise business advantage, focussing primarily on regional compliance outside of the EU.
- Coordinate all regional compliance enquiries. Advise and educate the business on appropriate raw material selection for regional compliance and support the business strategy by working with the Sales, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure that only products with appropriate compliance are promoted and sold to market.
- Ensure accomplishment of all business activities in the area of responsibility in line with relevant SHE-regulations to achieve SHE-compliance in accordance with internal, contractual and legal regulations.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Educated to BSc, MSc or PhD in a science related subject preferably Chemistry.
- Regulatory experience within chemical industry,
- Handled chemical legislation CLP / Reach or chemical notification around the globe from other industries such as Agrochemicals, biocides, fragrance, pharma, bulk chemicals or other related. Food and direct pharma regulation maybe less relevant.
- Knowledge and experience of CLP, GHS and REACH