C++ Software Engineer - Neptune Project
C++ Software Engineers - Neptune Project - Edinburgh
Salary - GBP24,000 to GBP40,000 (dependent on experience) + pension scheme
Job Type - Permanent
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit Software Engineers for a position within our team in our Edinburgh office.
You can expect to be joining the Neptune team which develops SeeByte's cutting-edge robotics autonomy architecture and framework. This robotics software architecture is used worldwide to allow collaboration between underwater robots to carry out complex, automated tasks.
The role will offer opportunities for work with state-of-the-art subsea robots, global travel and at-sea experiments. Your role will also include client visits internationally and participation in in-water tests and trials, giving you the chance to see the real-world applications of the software you have created.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with
an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A "technology day" every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
The successful applicant will become part of the team of experienced engineers working on Neptune, a software package which facilitates autonomous collaboration between unmanned vehicles working towards a common mission objective. Neptune leverages modular, scalable and open service oriented architecture and facilitates the effective planning, execution and monitoring of multi-robot adaptive survey operations in real time. The implementation will primarily focus on C++ and ROS (Robot Operating System), with some additional potential opportunities for code development in Python or Java / Netbeans. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop and grow within the role as required and become a highly skilled specialist in robotic based software engineering.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Electronic/Computer Science/Software Engineering, or similar numerate discipline with a software engineering emphasis
- Experience in programming on Linux and Windows systems
- C++ development
- Comfortable working with external clients
- Dependable when working under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel abroad
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable but not essential:
- Path planning
- Any other relevant domain of Artificial Intelligence and/or Robotics
- Software Testing
- Commercial Software Development
- Embedded Real-time systems
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British, US or European Citizens. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES