Senior Consultant - Culture and Transformation
Huntswood, a Best Companies Employer, is the UK's leading specialist resourcing and consultancy firm focused on governance, risk and compliance in the areas of regulatory conduct and financial crime.
We are recruiting for a Senior Consultant to join our Learning and Development team. The role is based in Reading, Berkshire with UK travel/assignments.
Salary up to GBP80,000 per annum.
Reporting to: Director of Learning and Development
Location: Reading with UK travel/assignments
A Senior Culture & Transformation Consultant is actively involved in delivering cultural assessment and transformation engagements, managing associated assignments and business development (i.e. identifying opportunities, writing proposals and winning new business).
As part of the wider Huntswood Learning & Development team the role will work closely with colleagues and clients to identify, scope, develop, design and deliver bespoke transformational interventions as part of a holistic approach to meet client requirements.
Reporting to the Head of Culture & Transformation, the Senior Consultant will play an active part in ensuring that the Culture team leverages its internal and external relationships, helps to drive greater cross-service line ('blended') opportunities and promotes collaborative working between Huntswood business units.Job descriptionTasks
- To provide cultural assessment and transformational change subject matter expertise within Huntswood's Advisory Service (AS) practice, focused mainly in the financial services and other regulated sectors
- To manage the design and delivery of culture assessment and transformation engagements; ensuring all deliverables are being met to both Huntswood's and client's expectations
- Facilitate interviews, focus groups and workshops with client stakeholders at all levels including Board and Executives
- Support in market and competitor analysis to enhance the Huntswood cultural assessment and transformation proposition
- To design, develop and deliver a range of change and transformation interventions in different roles (e.g. Consultant, Trainer, Facilitator, Coach), as required
- To support with business development by attending client meetings, articulating our proposition and wherever possible to match this to clients' needs
- To write proposals following client meetings in a compelling way to meet client needs in a way which is commercially viable for Huntswood
- To identify 'blended' opportunities i.e. solutions which incorporate all AS 'services lines' and our Specialist Resourcing capabilities (including Managed Client Services and the Temporary Resourcing Team)
- To take an active role in developing AS/L&D propositions and capabilities along with related marketing activities e.g. attending industry events or writing blog articles
- To keep abreast of issues that may affect the industry and client, through keeping professional knowledge up to date
- Delivering on Advisory Services (and L&D) financial and utilisation targets in accordance with the agreed business plan
- Demonstrating excellence in client delivery - using Huntswood's post engagement surveys (and personally feedback) to create compelling case studies and testimonials
- Development of good working relationships with key Huntswood stakeholders to ensure a joined-up approach, and to facilitate and promote AS cross-service-line/ blended opportunities
- Compliance with internal controls including CRM, contracts in place, timesheets, project and company related risks
- Demonstration of personal development - whether technical, knowledge or skills based, in line with your Personal Development Plan (which will be aligned to the AS Business Plan)
- A good working knowledge and experience of managing cultural assessment and/or transformation engagements in a consultancy or in house; preferably within a regulated industry such as Financial Services
- Experience of working with senior / board level stakeholders; with an ability to influence and engage in both business development meetings and ongoing engagements
- Understanding of FCA conduct regulation, including how the FCA assesses culture as part of their supervisory approach (Firms Systematic Framework)
- Ability to create business development proposals and presentations which succinctly articulate a proposition in a compelling manner
- Strong interviewer with a dynamic questioning approach to elicit right level of information in interviews / focus groups
- Good report writer with the ability to curate and synthesise information in a sensitive yet challenging manner
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Current knowledge of UK financial services, including regulation, market and competitor activity, and industry trends - especially where there might be opportunities for L&D
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."