Bookkeeper - Progressive Top 50 Firm
The perfect opportunity for a knowledgeable Bookkeeper to join a progressive Top 50 Firm has arisen in Cambridge.
Our client is a leading accountancy firm, providing proactive accounting compliance services and tax advice to businesses across a variety of industries. Their team is well trained, highly competent and dedicated to ensuring the best possible service for the firm's clients.
• Providing management accounts and bookkeeping services to clients.
• Take responsibility for overseeing the bookkeeping services for a portfolio of clients.
• Reconciling balance sheet items including bank & cash accounts, VAT ledgers and sales & purchase ledgers
• Preparation and submission of VAT returns, ESLs and potentially VAT investigations
• Preparation of management accounts
• Assist with the preparation of year-end statutory accounts
• Dealing with ad-hoc queries that arise from your main duties
• Client liaison and visiting client premises
• Hold the AAT qualification or equivalent or by experience
• Experienced in Sage software
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Be familiar with cloud based accounting including Xero, although not essential
• Self-motivated and client focused
• Be able to work unsupervised and as part of the team
• Able to prepare and submit VAT returns without supervision
• Experienced in taking bookkeeping through to the preparation of management accounts and to trial balance level for year-end accounts preparation
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact JosieStudd at AJ Chambers