- Full Time
- Supporting service managers in high risk spending and income areas to understand and address key financial management issues, including cost drivers, financial planning and budget management.
- Producing accurate and complete reports on the financial position, including risks/pressures, as part of regular monitoring.
- Work with managers and budget holders to ensure they have the information, tools and skills necessary to manage their finances.
- Support service managers in identifying and resolving systems issues and problems, including data and feeder system issues.
- As part of a team, to be proactive in developing the Financial Support Team and the offer from Finance to the organisation.
- This role will be undertaken during a period the Council implements a new finance system, you will be required to adapt and support service managers to use the system during this period.
- CCAB part qualified or AAT qualified with appropriate experience
- Previous experience in a similar role working effectively with services to provide robust management accounting advice and support
- Ability to produce high quality financial monitoring reports for senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated team working and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and have the ability to learn new ICT systems quickly
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads
- Ideally Local Government experience but will consider others
Experience of using Oracle financial system for management accounting