Project Accountant/Finance Project Lead
Project Accountant / Finance Project Lead - Sheffield, GBP300 - GBP350 per day.
Senior Project Accountant/Finance Project Lead - IFRS
Senior Project Accountant / Finance Project Lead required for large business in Sheffield
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance is currently working with a large organisation in Sheffield that is seeking a Senior Project Accountant to fulfil a 6 month fixed term contract.
Your new role
As Senior Project Accountant, you will be the Finance Project Lead on transformation projects and will be responsible for partnering the Senior Project Leadership Team. You will design, build and test the models to forecast the impact on cost of the changes and provide your customers with analysis and insight; ensuring that the processes and numbers are robust, controlled, accurate, reconciled and understood. You'll have a variety of tasks that will include:
- Playing a key part in supporting the delivery of the Group Strategy.
- Submitting analysis and documentation material to senior management and executive committees to provide evaluation and insight.
- Business Partner non-finance managers in order to develop processes and the understanding of financial requirements
- Ensure programme and project leads have access to the level of financial advice and support necessary to meet project milestones
- Ensure robust financial reporting across the project
- Analysis of project expenses and providing commentary
- Investigating and highlighting project variances to stakeholders
- Support the forecasting of projected financial costs and benefits for the project
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you'll be an experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who has worked in a project environment. You'll have excellent analytical and reporting skills and the proven ability to build relationships, influence and work collaboratively. You MUST have IFRS/FRS and strong SAP skills to be considered.
What you'll get in return
As well as working for a business that is going from strength to strength, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.