Teacher of Humanities
Humanities Teacher - September Start - London Borough of Camden
Job Title: Qualified Humanities Teacher
Location: London Borough of Camden
Contract Type: Long Term Temporary/Permanent Job
Start Date: September 2017
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Your new school
This Secondary School is located in the heart of the London Borough of Camden with access to a range of great transport links. The school has been graded as 'Outstanding' in every Ofsted report it has ever received and this is shown most recently in exam results where 87% of all results were A* - C grades. This fantastic school highly values its comprehensive ethos and does a great deal to ensure that pupils are given the best chance to succeed regardless of academic ability or background. Their aim is to nurture caring, confident, responsible and mature young adults who are ready to go on to the next stage of their education.
Your new job
In your new secondary teaching job you will be delivering outstanding lessons for students, engaging and challenging them, alongside supporting other members of the department in all areas. You will be teaching Humanities, focusing on Geography and History, across the Key Stages and A Level as well. In return, you'll be rewarded with excellent progression opportunities and a supportive team of colleagues.
What you'll need to succeed
* PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent).
* Experience delivering the History or Geography curriculum
* To be a motivated and passionate teacher, willing to push and support students
* Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
* Ability to work as a team and efficiently settle in the Humanities department
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - GBP250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
How to apply
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Joseph Bradshaw on or email for more information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.