Project Worker - Serious Youth Violence
Project Worker - Serious Youth Violence - Slough - GBP14.00-GBP16.00 PH
We are currently recruiting for a local Social Care organisation based in Slough for a Project Worker - Serious Youth Violence on a Temp basis until the end of December 2017.
The Youth Offending Team (YOT) is a multi agency team whose overall aim is to reduce the risk of offending and reoffending by children and young people. It is the aim of YOT to engage young offenders at an early stage, and in the context of their families, so the offending behaviour can be tackled before it becomes entrenched. This is done in partnership with appropriate agencies. YOT operates as part of SCST, as an independent not- for profit company.
- To contribute to devising, implementing, monitoring and evaluating effective systems and programmes, including group work for young people on a variety of interventions, including Youth Inclusion Support Programmes, Final Warnings, Anti-Social Behaviour Orders and Community Orders etc.
- Develop links within the community to enhance the Preventative Strategy within the YOT incorporating a multi-agency approach, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Act as a team link with both statutory and voluntary agencies, in order to devise innovative and creative strategies to prevent or reduce offending behaviour.
- Develop and engage in parenting initiatives linked to 8-18+ age group.
- Contribute to Restorative Justice and work with victims as appropriate.
- Keep accurate, clear records using relevant software systems, contributing to agreed performance indicators and producing relevant data as required by the management information system of the YOT.
- Contribute to the team's duty systems as appropriate, i.e. Office Duty / PACE.
- To develop links with other agencies, including the youth service, particularly in respect of prolific offenders and young people acting in an anti-social manner providing support, guidance and opportunities for young people both within the YOT and in the local community.
- To involve young people in the planning and evaluation of opportunities made available to them.
- Work flexible and some unsociable hours according to the team's requirements in order to provide the most effective staff cover.