The successful candidate will be part of an established team of tax specialists, providing international tax services to the business. The team are responsible for the timely completion of more than 900 tax processes annually covering the calculation, filing and payment of VAT and Corporate Taxes in over 30 countries as well dealing with ad hoc queries, tax provisions and disclosures for financial statements, BEPS compliance & tax authority audits.
- Duties include preparing and reviewing International VAT returns.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
- Dealing with tax related queries from the business
- Assisting the Tax Manager and other staff in the team with ad hoc projects such as new branch set ups, software upgrades, monitoring and implementing tax technical changes and tax audits
- Experience of VAT
- Ideally full or part qualified Tax or Accounting professional (e.g. CTA, ATT, ACCA, ACMA, ACA)
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Excel
- Enthusiasm to develop technical knowledge of unfamiliar areas of International taxation
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of large company accounting system e.g. PeopleSoft/ Oracle/ SAP preferable but not essential
- Accurate and reliable with good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working for an insurance company desirable but not essential.