Property Manager-New Build
- Full Time
Based within the New Build team, this role will forge long term relationships with future resident directors by mediating the relationship between building developers and lease holders, turning New Build developments into strong, friendly, and attractive communities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend site meetings with the Developer to produce snagging notes prior to handover and follow up on snagging issues.
• Ensure the transfer of all relevant information for the site is completed and transferred to appropriate sections of Qube.
• Follow all New Build Team procedures and assist in production of new procedures, or review existing procedures where required.
• Make regular inspections of the properties, usually monthly but as necessary, to check upon the condition of the buildings and grounds, ascertain works of repair monitor and supervise on site staff and contractors.
• Assist Team Leader/Department Manager in the running of the Business Development Department from time to time.
• Liaise with Developers, Resident Directors, Steering Committees, lessees, residents, contractors and others as required, including dealing with telephone calls, faxes, emails and personal visits expediently and in a timely and courteous manner. Ensuring that all appropriate people are kept fully informed.
• Prepare annual service charge budgets, in conjunction with the Accounts Department and the Developers/Resident Directors, as appropriate. Subsequently, ensuring that costs incurred stay in line with budgets and reporting deviations from the budget to a Director.
• Instruct appropriate contractors for works of repair and/or maintenance, working within Landlord & Tenant Act procedures, including the changes to the Section 20 Act made in 2002, and the company's internal procedures in that regard. Subsequently supervising works as required, ensuring invoices are correct and approving them.
• Dealing expediently with insurance claims and associated works, liaising with loss adjusters and others as appropriate.
• Supervising caretakers, on site staff and contractors as appropriate, ensuring the proper day-to-day running of the properties, buildings, grounds, plant and equipment.
• Checking compliance with, and enforcement of, the terms of leases and statutory requirements.
• Attending residents meetings, board meetings and AGMs (usually during evenings, on site). Subsequently preparing, agreeing and circulating minutes as appropriate.
• Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges. Assisting with arrears collection if required, including attending court where necessary.
• Liaison with the Accounts Department in the preparation and reviewing of the end of year accounts.
• Liaise with Administration Department and others as required, regarding company secretarial matters, directorship appointments and resignations, etc.
• Liaise with Administration Department and others as required, regarding flat sales, transfers and lettings, etc.
• Dealing with specifications for major works, obtaining competitive tenders, circulating resident directors, advising them and obtaining instructions, preparing Landlord & Tenant Act Notices and appropriate supporting documentation, and circulating to lessees. Subsequently instructing contractors and supervising works in progress and on completion as appropriate. Approving (not authorising) consequent payments.
• Comply with the company's Health & Safety Policy and ensure that on site staff and contractors, lessees and residents do so also.
• IRPM I qualified
• Minimum of 2 years property management experience
• A Full UK Driving Licence and access to a car for business use
• Good knowledge of service charge budget formulation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• An ability to deal with difficult people and handle conflicting opinions
• Organised and methodical
• An ability to multi-task and possess strong prioritisation skills
• Can demonstrate high customer focus and time management skills
• IRPM II qualified
• Existing experience of servicing New Build Projects
Renato Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for this full time role.