Publishing Programme Manager
Programme Manager - Technical Regulations
Circa GBP36,000 to GBP38,000 per annum
The IET are seeking a highly organised and collaborative projects professional to join our publishing team as a Programme Manager. You will manage the publishing programmes for Technical Regulations and the associated guidance material.
The successful candidate will have experience of complex project coordination, the ability to motivate a variety of different contributors, authors, suppliers and internal / external stakeholders as well as experience in standards setting. Excellent time management skills are a must!
The Programme Manager will be joining a team of project managers, editors and technical experts who work with colleagues in production and marketing. You will also work closely with a wide and varied range of people both internally and externally so interpersonal skills are key. Some knowledge of engineering would be beneficial but not essential - standards and project management experience will be of greater value.
Organisation, time management and the ability to coordinate the work of a lot of different people on a variety of products is what this job is all about!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
• Manage, monitor and maintain the BS 7671 publishing programme.
• Closely liaise with Panel Secretaries and JPEL/64 Secretary in order to obtain the content for the next edition of BS 7671.
• Prepare master draft from the various Chapters and Sections of BS 7671 obtained from Panel Secretaries.
• Prepare DPC (draft for public comment).
• Arrange proof reading, printing and distribution of DPC in both electronic form and hard copy to all interested parties.
• Collate comments from DPC.
• Produce book incorporating all agreed changes and arrange publication.
• Manage schedules, authors (internal and external), contracts and relationships with production to bring products to publication ensuring that the publishing programme targets are hit
• Work internally with Editorial, Production, Marketing and Sales processes to ensure on time and on budget delivery of products
• Work externally with authors to drive on-time delivery of content
• Liaise externally with graphic designers to ensure images are ready on-time for inclusion
• Obtain permissions from the owners of third party content for inclusion in IET publications
• Where resource allows, to project manage the delivery of New Standards projects, as required
• Demonstrable evidence of having managed publishing programmes which met their targets
• Experience of commissioning and managing publishing product for a scientific and technical market - ideally in a compliance environment
• An ability to engage and work with high profile authors and editors
• Able to work productively on their own initiative
• Able to manage workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables
• Excellent communicator with strong presentational skills
• Experience of moving from print to digital publishing formats, especially subscription publishing and associated channels to market
• Experience of working in the engineering area