Teacher of Maths | West London | September Start | MPS
Teacher of Maths job, Hounslow, London
Teacher of Maths Secondary Job, Hounslow, West London
Start Date: September 2017
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Are you a newly qualified or experienced Teacher of Maths looking to join an 'Outstanding' School where you have plenty of opportunity for progression?
Would you like to work in an environment where results are excellent but training and development of teachers is the focal point?
If so, this is the job for you.
Your new school
Located in the London Borough of Hounslow this is a contemporary, well-equipped mixed school with excellent facilities and large surroundings. The school achieves highly at both GCSE and A level with last year's GCSE Maths attaining 82% A to C grades. There is a negligible amount of behavioural issues as students are very keen to learn and excel. The school has a dynamic and highly experienced SLT with clear plans to advance beyond their recent success during last years Ofsted inspection where they were awarded 'Outstanding' grade across all areas.
Your new role
The school's achievements have been a result of the hard work and exceptional teaching ability of its staff. Subsequently, the school heavily invests in their teachers as they only want extremely driven and hardworking individuals who can push and challenge the highest achievers in the school, whilst being able to motivate the lower achievers and raise their academic attainment to ensure they maximise their potential. This is an excellent opportunity for CPD and career progression as the Humanities department is growing with 3 full time teachers and an excellent HOD. There is a mixture of experience levels within the team and real togetherness thus meaning NQTs are well supported. For experienced teacher, they are also able to offer TLRs and the opportunity to coordinate Year Groups, Key Stages and develop their management careers.
What you need to succeed:
* PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent) and experience teaching secondary students
* Ability to teach Maths up to and including Key Stage 5.
* Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
* Strong Classroom Management and Behavioural Skills
* Ability to work as a team and efficiently settle in Maths department
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - GBP250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. Nevertheless, if unfortunately this job isn't quite for you but you are looking for a job in teaching, contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career