Senior Internal Audit Manager
Our client, a market leading business based in Hertfordshire, require an interim Senior Audit Manager to cover maternity for a period of 12 months. This is a high-profile role with wide exposure to the executive team and senior management across the business. The senior internal audit manager will provide independent assurance to the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the internal control and risk management environment.
Our client, a market leading business based in Hertfordshire, require an interim Senior Audit Manager to cover maternity for a period of 12 months. This is a high-profile role with wide exposure to the executive team and senior management across the business. The senior internal audit manager will provide independent assurance to the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the internal control and risk management environment. You will achieve this through overseeing delivery of a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal control, risk management and governance, as well by providing advice designed to add value.
The role requires excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships across the business, as well as strong technical capability and commercial acumen in order to provide advice on internal controls and new ideas and solutions.
You will oversee delivery of high quality audits providing objective assurance over the key risks, working closely with key stakeholders to achieve a high level of buy in for the findings and recommendations. In addition, you will provide advice on control and process design on major projects with a significant process change as well as assurance on major projects.
- Develop the audit planning approach including an update of the risk universe for changes in the business strategies and risks and implementation of a robust risk based methodology to determine audit priority
- Oversee a team of four; developing internal audit scope, performing audit procedures, and preparing high quality, clear and concise audit reports
- Partner with management and auditees in the development of practical and cost-effective recommendations for improvement.
- Build strong relationships across the organisation in order to understand issues, influence and facilitate change, get complete buy-in on audit recommendations and follow through of audit actions.
- Be a trusted advisor to business partners in delivery of advice related to the internal controls, raising awareness of control related issues and on major projects with a high control and process content
- Work closely with the risk management team and attend risk management meetings when required
- Work closely with finance on the development and roll out of a group wide control framework that can be used to promote ownership of controls within the business unit, as a form of assurance and an input into the annual audit planning process.
- Prepare the papers summarising findings and recommendations from audits and recommending the annual audit plan
- Develop the Internal Audit team into a high performing team and actively drive the building of capability, best practice and development within all team members
- Leverage best practice from the co-source provider and stay current with industry, business and corporate governance changes and assess possible links to the internal control environment and the audit plan
Experience & Skills Required:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with ideally at least 6-8 years PQE experience in Internal and External Audit
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with experience of presenting to senior stakeholders
- Attention to the detail but also ability to see big picture
- Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Degree or Equivalent desirable
- SAP desirable
- FMCG or retail experience is desirable
- Working knowledge of project assurance and risk management is desirable.
- Strong people management experience and ability to build high performing teams
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Excellent ability to build relationships, gain trust and influence senior stakeholders across a wide range of functions in the Company
- Proactive, resourceful and ambitious, with a desire to succeed with a changing and rewarding environment
- Desire to develop a career in an exciting environment
If you are currently available for work, and feel you fit the above criteria, I would like to hear from you. Please do send an updated CV to