Semi Senior Accountant
1 day left
- Full Time
Salary: Competitive + excellent bens
Reporting to: Partner
Location: St Paul's, London
The role: We are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant/AAT Level 3 to join our team. The ideal candidate will wish to build upon a career in Practice (in a non Audit role) and will enjoy being part of a professional team, whilst taking responsibility for a wide range of tasks.
- Assisting clients with accounting support to include general bookkeeping and an understanding of double entry
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Assisting in the preparation of management and statutory accounts for OMBs
- Develops an understanding of IT solutions to gain efficiencies on assignment
- Develops an understanding of the firm's methods and standards of work required
- Develops an understanding of Sage Line 50, and other accounting packages
- Becomes familiar with the firm's administrative and office procedures
- Progresses through exams
- Progresses through professional development courses
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have at least twelve months practical experience working in a firm of accountants or an accounts department.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Experience in liaising with clients/customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptable and a "real team player"
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including a thorough knowledge of Word and Excel along with good presentation skills - knowledge of database software would be an advantage
Person specification: To be successful for this position, it is preferable but not essential that you have experience within a client focused corporate or professional services business. This is a unique opportunity to work within a successful chartered accountancy firm based in the heart of the city.
- Bonus: 2% at Christmas
- Pension: 1+1% rising to 4 or 5% (matched) through length of service
- PMI: single membership medical and dental insurance
- Death in service
- Season ticket loan
- Fresh fruit twice a week and cheese Thursdays!
- Benefits through salary sacrifice: flexible benefits package including healthcare, enhanced dental, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gourmet society, gymflex, etc.
- Holidays: 26 plus 8 bank holidays