Sales Specialist - Life Science and Antibodies
A great opportunity for a scientist with a background using antibody-based techniques to move into scientific sales!
Scientific sales or post-degree commercial (B2B/telesales) experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
You would be working for a manufacturer of antibodies, selling to academic and research institutes, focusing predominately on the Cambridge and London regions.
It is a great opportunity for you to make an impact and grow business in a small but expanding company that have recorded double digit growth for the last 3 years. They have won some key business recently and this will help continue this growth into 2018!
This is a field-based role, travelling to customer sites around 80% of the working week, with around 1 day per week working from home.
PRODUCTS: Antibodies and ELISA kits
TERRITORY: South East England - focus on London and Cambridge. About 90% of business is based in and around London.
CUSTOMERS: Academic and Research Laboratories
- You will maintain existing business and strengthen relationships with current customers, to ensure sales are maximised and long-term partnerships develop.
- You will also focus on business development, being proactive in terms of generating new opportunities with prospective customers. This will initially involve phone calls, emails and then face to face meetings
- Attendance at industry events, exhibitions, seminars and conferences to further network and increase brand awareness.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of competitor activity and market trends. Feedback this information to your Manager and Marketing teams.
- Meeting and reporting on forecast for annual sales targets.
Minimum BSc in a Life Science based subject and post-degree laboratory experience with antibody-based techniques such as ELISA kits, immunoassays or flow cytometry will be advantageous.
Experience selling to life science laboratories across this region is desired OR experience in a non scientific target-based role.
A good understanding of the consultative sales process.
Independent, driven and motivated to work to targets.