A Milton Keynes based Financial Services comapny are looking for a Reporting Accountant. The role will also involve, provision of timely responses to queries from the Group Reporting Team/Regulatory reporting team and both Internal and External auditors. At every quarter end including year-end there will be extra analysis and reporting for inclusion in the companies consolidated annual report and accounts. The Reporting team plays an important role in providing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for all the Subsidiaries.
Areas of Responsibilities, Skills & Experience for a Reporting Accountant:
- Relevant accounting (part qualification would be enough) such as ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team management
- Proactive, task focused, problem solving skills, good attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well within team environment and on own initiative
- Track record of improving processes and a desire to work in an environment of continuous improvement
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of Santander finance systems Walker, Essbase & AORP and mortgage systems ANMF and UFSS.
- Good knowledge and experience of internal controls and best practices
- Excellent documentation and report writing skills
As a part of the reporting team your main responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting month end and year end reporting, including detailed analysis for external reporting.
- Liaising with the Group consolidation team to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Balance sheet analysis and commentary.
- Reconciliation of the B/S positions.
- Cash reconciliation of the system and quarterly distributions of securitised structures.
- Monthly/quarterly cash distribution journals.
- Involvement in small projects with aim to improve overall quality and efficiency in processes and deliverables to stakeholders.
- Investigating and clearing intercompany differences and liaising with other entity accountants to facilitate this
Our Milton Keynes based client offers competitive salary. Apply for the Reporting Accountant today or, if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Kyal McNulty on or email: