Accounts Payable Clerk / Finance Assistant
A rare opportunity has arisen to join an established business based in Dunstable. Working as part of a dedicated Finance team your main objective is to ensure the timely and accurate posting of purchase invoices and supplier payments. You will also assist the wider team with other accounting duties.
You will be fully conversant in all aspects of Purchase Ledger and enjoy working in a hands-on environment.
Key duties include:
- Set up new supplier accounts
- Set up and raise PO's
- Code and process purchase invoices
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries
- Reconcile supplier statements to individual purchase ledger accounts monthly
- Supplier payments by BACS and ad-hoc manual payments
- Responsible for the monthly closure of the Purchase Ledger
- To maintain a record of all direct debit mandates
- Credit card reconciliations
- To calculate and prepare the journals for the purchasing accruals and prepayments
- To assist in the preparation and maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
This is a great opportunity to take ownership of the Purchase Ledger and be an integral member of the Finance team.