Robert Half are proud to be exclusively partnering with Herrington Carmichael LLP to recruit a Finance Director to work alongside the Managing partner and Strategy Partner during an exciting period of growth.
Herrington Carmichael offers high quality, jargon free legal advice and representation for businesses and individuals in the Camberley and Wokingham area. In recent years the firm has grown both through its own business development as well as via astute merger and takeovers. This activity has consolidated their position as a leading law firm in the area. It is an exciting time to join Herrington Carmichael, the firm achieved 14% fee growth in 2016 as well as expansion into international work and the diversification of existing services.
Herrington Carmichael has ambitious business growth plans and the Finance Director will play a key role in these. Investment in staff is the key to the firm's success and it places great emphasis on its outstanding development programme which present opportunities to all staff to develop their skills and careers. This role has arisen due to the retirement of our current Finance Partner, so you are an ambitious, forward thinking and strategically minded accountant who is looking for their next challenge we would love to hear from you.
- Take overall control of the LLP's s accounting function
- Provide leadership to the Exec's Finance and Accounting strategy to optimise the LLP's financial performance.
- Lead and develop the finance/accounts team.
- Ensure budgets for I.T. equipment are adhered to.
- Manage and lead the I.T. team, taking overall responsibility for the I.T. function within the LLP
- Ensure Solicitors Account Rules are adhered to at all times.
- Produce monthly and annual accounts in accordance with the financial timetable.
- Produce tax returns and deal with any taxation issues that arise.
- Work with the HOD's to produce departmental budgets and budgets for the LLP
- Use financial data to determine thresholds for each department.
- Sit on the Exec to provide the financial input and strategy required.
- Overall responsibility for banking/treasury.
- Action PII and practising certificate renewals.
- Maintain the LLP's Central Complaints Record and liaise with the Complaints Handling Partner.
- Maintain the PII claims record for the LLP
- Ensure life assurance renewals are actioned and competitive policies are used.
- Liaise with pension providers to ensure that pensions obligations are being met.
- Overall responsibility for payroll.
- LLP financial deals etc.
- Work with the auditors to ensure successful audits.
- Responsible for data protection adherence in conjunction with the COLP
- Act as Money Laundering Officer
- Compile VAT returns
- Overall responsibility for the LLP's practice management system (currently Lawsoft)
- Comply with the LLP's procedures as set out in the Risk & Quality Manual (the up to date version of which is maintained on the LLP's Intranet).
- Comply with the LLP's administration policies as set out in the LLP's Staff Manual (the up to date version of which is maintained on the LLP's Intranet).
Comply with the LLP's IT policies as outlined in the Firm's Security Manual (the up to date version of which is maintained on the Firm's Intranet).Requirements
- University degree
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Excellent project management skills
- In depth knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the issues concerning client money
- Effective prioritisation of workload and time management skills
- Good I.T. literacy
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Salary & Benefits
- 80k + bonus/benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.