Hr Contracts Manager - Hackney council
1 day left
- Full Time
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- As a team leader for the HR Contracts Teamyou will be responsible to the successful delivery of the business objectives of your designated team that will contribute to the achievement of the Mayor's priorities, Council's corporate objectives.
- To provide effective management that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Council.
- To actively contribute to Council-wide and directorate initiatives that will achieve and implement the Mayor's priorities and corporate objectives.
- To act as the primary interface between the London Borough of Hackney and the managed agency contractor, ensuring the contract is effectively managed, working closely with the contractor to promote the contract within London Borough of Hackney and deal with issues from recruiting managers, ensuring both manager and contract compliance.
- To continuously develop, implement, review and evaluate systems and processes, working closely with HR and procurement colleagues, recruiting managers and the contractor to ensure the on-going success of the contract.
SERVICE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsibility for the high level operational management of the Agency and Temporary Worker Contract and other HR Contracts in accordance with the Council's vision, policies and governance arrangements
- To identify problems and issues and review and evaluate processes and procedures in line with service standards and ensure continuous development of the managed agency service, identifying new administrative systems and workflow processes where appropriate
- To provide practical support and advice to managers in all aspects of the managed agency service, ensuring managers have a good understanding and awareness of the contract
- To work in partnership with the agency supplier to ensure they provide regular management information in the format required by the Council
- To work closely with colleagues within Procurement to negotiate any revisions to the contract provisions
- To review and monitor KPI's/PI's, the Service Level Agreement and expenditure levels on temporary worker usage
- To monitor and ensure compliance with relevant employment legislation in order to protect the Council's interests and prevent agency workers acquiring deferred employment rights
- To keep up to date on relevant employment legislation and best practice specific to recruitment practices and to provide briefings to senior managers across the Council.
- To take personal responsibility for continued professional development by attending regular profession and/or work based training where required.
- Ensure that any contingency arrangements are in place in the event of any contract default.
- To carry out any other duties as may be required
1.Promotes a 'one organisation' approach.
2.To promote equality among all staff, and ensure that services are delivered in a non discriminatory way, that is inclusive of disadvantaged groups
3.Deputise for the line manager
1.Suggest new and innovative ways of delivering services that provide high quality and good value for money.
2.Implement consistently high quality service standards and levels of customer service and monitor performance using the Council's project management approach.
Technical Experience/ Skills/knowledge
- Sound experience in delivering contract management activities for public or private sector organisations
- Experience of cross team working to determine best fit service provision through market testing and benchmarking activities
- Proven leadership / staffmanagement experience obtained within a large scale organisation
- Experience of developing service delivery specificationsas part of commissioning and procurement processes
- Experience of handling customer feedback effectively
Skills ABILITIES AND KNOWELDGE
- Able to ensure that all contract management activity meets legislative requirements through professional knowledge and, where required liaison with legal, procurement and other specialists
- Able to develop and lead on briefings for recruiting managers and other managers in the organisation
- Able to continually apply risk and innovative approaches to contract handling, seeking opportunities to change
- Able to influence key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage a significant and varied work load with changing and conflicting priorities
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve objectives
- Able to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in all circumstances relating to HR and contract management
- Detailed knowledge of the latest developments and best practice in temporary agency worker recruitment and relevant employment legislation
- Knowledge of procurement or commissioning process of new contracts and the development of effective performance measures
CORE MANAGEMENT SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
??Proven experience of building positive relationships with a range of both internal and external stakeholders, understands political drivers and the role of members
??Experience of creating a culture of learning, to maintain a capable and high performing workforce.
??Experience of providing structured plans and setting clear objectives that implements strategy and drives delivery.
??Experience of empowering others and will enhance the reputation of the Council.
??Experience of managing service change programmes that provides innovative outcomes.
??Experience of making decisions through the analysis of relevant information and risk assessment.