Our Client based in Guildford, is looking to recruit a Recruitment Assistant to support a busy team. The role will involve assisting a Recruitment Advisor with the delivery of a full recruitment service on a day-to-day basis to the Partners and Hiring Managers across the region within the business.
One of the teams' key responsibilities is to recruit the right person into the right job, within the agreed timeframe. Communication with all parties is a must. You will be an integral part of helping the recruitment team improve client service and drive down recruitment costs. A first class service should be provided at all times.
This role demands someone who is comfortable working in a fast pace environment, undertaking multiple tasks at any one time. You will work proactively and reactively in order to support the team, using your own initiative at all times. You will be flexible and adaptable to the work activities you are asked to complete, operating a 'can-do' and 'will-do' approach to all tasks. Travel will be required, visiting offices within the Southern Region.
- CV searching for a variety of roles
- Build a candidate talent bank centrally
- Calling candidates for information and assisting with test results
- Shortlisting, telephone interviewing and face to face interviewing
- Arranging interviews for the Recruitment Advisors, Partners and or Hiring Managers
- Answering Recruitment departmental calls and directing accordingly
- Dealing with candidate application queries and email issues
- Dealing with in-house recruitment system IT queries
- Update and maintain the in-house recruitment system
- Communicating with the business on the progress of their vacancies
- Talking to external recruitment agencies, assisting with information and directing calls
- Being involved in all aspects of the preparation, selection and attendance of assessment centres, including the attraction of the trainees - this will involve some travel
- Maintaining the referral scheme
- Any Ad hoc duties that this role may require
- Reporting on direct hire success and staff referrals
- Management of the regional staff referral process
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Communication is key within the role. Communication with the wider Recruitment team.
- Confidence, you must be comfortable dealing with people at all levels
- Organisation, you must be able to take ownership in supporting the Recruiters, juggle tasks and be able to shift your priorities
- Discretion, you must be aware of the confidential nature of the work
- Pressure, you must be able to work well under pressure and manage your workload
- Drive, it is vital that you are completely committed to the job, experience in a similar role within the marketplace would be very beneficial
- Regular travel around the southern region of the Firm
- Tact and Diplomacy, You will need to engage in conversations with a Directors and Key Line manager where tact and diplomacy is a must.
- Travel will be required with this role