Business Analyst (Data Management team)
We are the RAC. We are a UK super brand. We take Data seriously as it helps to drive our business.
We are constantly innovating and finding the best ways to drive benefit from our Data. As a result, we are currently recruiting a Business Analyst to work within our Data Management & Assurance team.
This role is based at our HQ in Walsall.
As a Business Analyst you will be able to clearly communicate with and capture business requirements for Data.
You will be a technically aware individual with an awareness of solutions and end-to-end flow of Data.
Someone that can understand complex business processes and requirements and translate/document those into tangible requirements for change.
The role will be a varied one, but will include the following:
- Capturing and documenting business requirements - support the development team in translating business requests into tangible DM&A requirements for change.
- Early project engagement, scoping the DM&A requirements and understanding where DM&A input is required.
- Supporting the triage of incoming work requests, understanding the business requirement and refining the scope.
- Proactively supporting and engaging with stakeholders across the business, representing the DM&A team.
- Maintain an appreciation of wider developments across the business and their impact on DM&A systems and processes.
- Communicate complex concepts and methodologies to stakeholders with varied levels of seniority and experience.
- Understand all risks and processes for which they are responsible for managing.
- Assure the adequacy of systems and controls for managing risk.
- Technical awareness to appreciate the underlying infrastructure and processes behind the data.
- Build relationships with developers to aid requirements gathering, to ensure that change requests are captured correctly.
- Defining exception criteria as part of requirements gathering to highlight missing data items or gaps in the business process.
- Gain awareness of business requirements and existing data/processes, to refine the scope of requirements and encourage users to self serve where possible.
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications
To be successful in securing this role, you will need to show us:
- Competence to query and analyse complex data to understand business requirements.
- Ability to interrogate the data reports that are created with an appreciation of the end-to-end data flow.
- Ability to turn a high level request into a list of business requirements for change that meet stakeholders needs.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to engage with business users and proactively manage expectations.
- Appreciation of the delivery process, mapping change delivery back to business requirements.
- Forward thinking and innovative, find ways to work smarter and improve the flow of business requirements.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills including the ability to draw from multiple sources of information and make soundly reasoned judgments and decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Awareness of data warehousing ETL techniques and data structures is desirable, but not essential.
This role is based at our Head Quarters in Walsall, just off the M6 and 4 mins walk from Bescot Stadium train station.
The site has free parking, onsite coffee shop, onsite canteen, showers and changing room.
Come with us on the journey!