Allen Lane are recruiting an Assistant Accountant for a professional membership body on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent finance graduate to join an organisation and finance team with a real passion for training and developing somebody in this role. As such, full study support will be provided.
Key responsibilities include;
To process accurately and in a timely manner all purchase ledger transactions including invoices, staff expenses, volunteer expenses and credit card expenses;
- Ensure purchase ledger records are maintained at all times including correct budget holder authorisation and ledger coding;
- Raising of cheques and BACS payment files for release;
- Arrange foreign currency payments when required - including use of forex supplier and foreign currency bank accounts;
- Distribution, monitoring and reconciling of all petty cash transactions;
- Maintain control of the safe and its contents;
- Reconciliation of statements received from suppliers with their account in the Purchase Ledger;
- Maintain and monitor all direct debits;
- Responsibility for balance of suspense account;
- Maintain a clean and succinct supplier account list.
Who we're looking for;
- Applicants should be currently studying or part qualified, eager to step into a position that will challenge and develop them;
- First-class oral and written communication skills with close attention to detail;
- Recent experience of working independently and prioritising competing and complex demands;
- Recent experience of developing and maintaining constructive, effective and flexible working relationships internally and externally;
- The personal gravitas to establish relationships of confidence and trust with the most senior colleagues and stakeholders;
- Some experience of undertaking basic analysis;
If you can demonstrate the aboove aptitudes and characteristics, are passionate about personal development and completing your finance qualification and would thrive in an environment like this we would love to hear from you.
Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.