Senior Manager - Credit & Counterparty Risk Lead
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manager within the Credit & Counterparty Risk division of a market leading provider of specialist business insurance in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small team providing insight and assurance about the counterparty risks faced by the business across derivative, reinsurance and internally sourced counterparties and provide an independent view of the ratings associated with these counterparties.
• Manage a small team of Credit & Counterparty Analyst's.
• Assist the Head of Investment Risk in the design and operationalisation of an appropriate counterparty credit risk framework.
• Provide advice regarding credit and counterparty risk policies and procedures.
• Support the design and delivery of stress and scenario testing.
• Facility embedding the credit and counterparty framework.
• Monitor compliance.
• Provide advice and guidance regarding ratings assessment and methodologies.
• Establish and maintain processes to ensure that factors influencing ratings are appropriately monitored.
• Validate the design and use of the internal ratings methodology.
• Previous experience in undertaking detailed counterparty credit analysis, including establishing internal views of ratings to be assigned by counterparties.
• Manage self and others and communicate effectively with other areas of the business.
• Understanding of rating methodologies and their application across a variety of sectors.
• Knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements.
• Ability to write effective reports, setting out opinions and the rationale behind them.
• FIA, CFA ACA or CAIA certification would be desirable, however it is not essential.
In addition to individuals from a business / pension insurance background candidates with strong underwriting / credit analysis experience gained within other related industries such as Invoice Finance / Asset Based Lending / Commercial Finance etc, will also be considered.
In return you can expect a competitive basic salary up to GBP100,000 (depending on experience), plus a range of additional benefits.