Lead Project Accountant
Lead Project Accountant
GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 per annum DOE + excellent benefits
Swindon, Wiltshire - Commutable from Devizes, Chippenham, Bath, Tetbury, Bristol, Malmesbury, Cirencester, Ashton Keynes
Ambridge Harris is seeking to recruit a Lead Project Accountant on behalf of our established and successful client based in Swindon, Wiltshire. Reporting to the Project Finance Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of the Project Finance Team. The team has responsibility for checking the financial viability and eligibility of successful grant applications in a timely manner
The key purpose of this position will be reporting to the Project Finance Manager, in which you will be responsible for managing and delivering the operational aspects of project financial reviews on assigned UK competitions and interventions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage and deliver the financial review of project information in a fast-paced change environment including:
- Comprehensive review of financial and supporting information provided by applicants to ensure compliance with guidance requirements
- Lead and manage highly sensitive/high profile competitions, liaising with senior level internal and external stakeholders as part of the reviews.
- Financial viability review of applicants to assess suitability for grant provision
- Financial eligibility review of detailed project information in application to establish compliance with policy, guidance and State Aid
- Liaison with applicants to resolve issues identified by financial review, including timely documentation as supporting evidence
- Work with other teams to integrate the results of participant project financial reviews with other requirements and processes
- During the life of a project support, give advice on project changes and issues escalated by the Operations and Technology teams
- Contribute to and deliver process improvements as part of ensuring an efficient, effective financial review process, whilst working with other teams to ensure optimum end to end processes
- Liaise with stakeholders at a senior level, with a confident and articulate approach
- Autonomy to manage workload and handle conflicting priorities in order to meet strict deadlines
- Provide ongoing guidance and mentoring to Project Finance Executives
- Act as a point of escalation for the Project Finance Executives when required
Experience & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent experience/qualificatio
- Hold a professional Accounting qualification e.g. AAT or qualified by experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in an accounting function in a commercial or other Public Sector organisation
- Proven experience and understanding of working with business accounts, accounting processes and policies
- Financial management and analytical review experience with focus on quality and attention to detail balanced with cost-effectiveness.
- Proven experience of managing workloads to meet tight deadlines, with the ability to prioritise using own initiative
- Demonstrable analytical skills and attention to detail
- IT literate, including managing data and maintaining audit trails and data integrity
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.