Care Assistant - HCA
Newcross Healthcare has several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants to work full or part time hours in the Northumberland and Alwick areas through our Newcastle branch.
Due to the location of our clients, you will need a full driving license and access to your own vehicle.The Care Assistant Job Role
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota during term time to accommodate a child's school routine or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including hospitals, care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. Experience of caring for those with dementia is highly desirable.Benefits:
- Salary of up to GBP11.14/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.Your local branch
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.Requirements:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- Full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.